Who we are
Our website address is: https://oclanet.com.
The Ontario Courthouse Libraries Association’s (OCLA) is committed to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal information and to ensure compliance with the Personal Information Protections and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and any other related legislation.
We collect contact and/or personal information about you in order to provide you with programs and services, to facilitate the volunteer activities of this Association, and to assist with communication among your fellow members.
What information do we collect?
- Personal and other information you choose to provide in membership and registration forms (primarily your business contact information).
- Information you provide in emails or contact forms that you send us.
- Personal information you may provide in response to surveys and other research tools.
- Transaction information necessary to maintain accurate business records needed for audit purposes.
What do we do with your personal information?
We use your personal information:
- to accurately identify you;
- to establish your membership and to maintain, record and store your membership information;
- to serve your professional needs;
- and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements under Canadian law
With whom is your information shared?
OCLA does not sell or distribute our members’ personal information to others. In certain circumstances, we may share your information with others outside OCLA, that may include:
- Third Party Suppliers whom we engage to perform services on our, and on your behalf. These third-party suppliers are not permitted to distribute this information to others.
- If OCLA is compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may disclose information in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights, or in order to comply with any regulatory requirements to which we are subject. This aids us in following honest and ethical business practices.
How is your information protected?
Your information is held in a pass code-protected database and is only available for use by select OCLA Board Members in the conduct of the Association’s regular business.
What privacy rights do you have?
You may request access to your personal information that we hold and question the accuracy of this information. You may withdraw consent given at any time by contacting any member of the current OCLA Executive by email or postal mail at the addresses noted on the OCLA website at https://oclanet.com .
Who do you contact about privacy concerns at the OCLA?
Cookies are widely used and most web browsers are configured initially to accept cookies automatically. You may change your Internet browser settings to prevent your computer from accepting cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you may decline its acceptance. Please note, however, if you disable cookies, you may not experience optimal performance of our website.
Approved: November 9, 2021
© 2021 Ontario Courthouse Libraries Association